Dr. Zainab Malik is a pediatrician par excellence with a passion for teaching, clinical research, and global health. With over twenty years of clinical practice and expertise in managing complex patients, she is the go-to pediatrician for families across the UAE and abroad.
Dr. Malik is a Consultant Pediatrician trained in the United States. After graduating with a medical degree from the prestigious Aga Khan University in Pakistan, Dr. Malik completed Pediatric residency training at Duke University’s highly ranked pediatric residency training program in North Carolina, followed by a fellowship in Pediatric Infectious Diseases at the Children’s Hospital of Montefiore, New York. She holds a Master’s Degree in Clinical Research Methods, with distinction, from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, where her research thesis evaluated host immune responses to Human Papillomavirus (HPV) infections in young women, and has been published in several reputable medical journals.
She provides care for all pediatric issues, including routine well child checks, growth, development, vaccination, sick visits, travel clinic and others for infants, children, and adolescents, including seeing parents before the baby’s birth to discuss any concerns.
Dr. Malik’s training and clinical expertise in managing patients with complex pediatric Infectious Disease issues make her a key physician for managing infants, children and adolescents with congenital infections, recurrent fevers, unusual infections including TB, providing immunization to children with specific medical needs i.e., after completing chemotherapy, infections in immunocompromised children and all other pediatric infectious issues.
Dr. Malik has published extensively in leading peer reviewed medical journals and is frequently invited to speak at medical conferences in the region. She developed Pediatric Antimicrobial Guidelines which have been implemented across the UAE by Mediclinic Middle East since 2019. Dr. Malik is American Board Certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Infectious Diseases and continues to fulfill the requirements for maintenance of certification for both.
She is a reviewer for Pediatrics, the official journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics and holds professional memberships to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), Infectious Disease Society of America, Pediatric Infectious Disease Society, and the AAP Section of Infectious Diseases
Dr. Malik has a keen interest in global health and teaching and volunteers her personal time and expertise for medical missions across the world with organizations including Operation Smile and Association of Pakistani Physicians of North America. She is actively involved in medical education and training and holds the faculty position of Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences, Dubai.
Dr. Malik believes in building a “Medical Home” for infants, children, adolescents, and young adults by providing comprehensive patient care, which is continuous, family-centered, compassionate, and accessible.
- American Board Certified in Pediatric Infectious Diseases.
- American Board Certified in General Pediatrics.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics. Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences. Dubai, UAE.
- Medical licenses: Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC), Dubai Health Authority (DHA), New York and North Carolina.
- Masters Degree in Clinical Research Methods with distinction. Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York.
- Post Graduate Program in Pediatric Nutrition. Boston University School of Medicine.
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases Fellowship: Montefiore Children’s Hospital, Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Bronx, New York.
- Pediatric Residency: Duke University Children’s Hospital. Durham, North Carolina.
- Medical School: Aga Khan University. Karachi, Pakistan.
- Operation Smile Internationally Credentialed Pediatric Volunteer.